LNT Care Developments are the UK’s leading Care Home developer. Due to experiential growth and a buoyant Healthcare Sector, we are looking to recruit a Land Acquisitions Director to join our team.
LNT Care Developments are very well funded, and as such, the Land Team’s ability to buy sites will only depend on our ability to develop the site in a practical and economic way.
Your experience, network and knowledge will mean you are perfectly placed to provide strong leadership and guidance to the land purchasing team. As the Acquisitions Development Director, you will work closely with the Strategic Land Director and our Legal Team, overcoming complex technical and commercial challenges experienced in the land buying process. Your efforts will enable a smooth handover of a technically and legally understood set of Heads of Terms to enable a swift instruction to solicitors, the planning and construction teams, leaving you free to take on further challenges coming down the pipeline from your team.
Key responsibilities and expectations of capabilities:
- Accountability for ensuring team adherence to due diligence processes including offer, reviewing technical information, and maintaining all systems including pipeline tracker and BigMap.
- Develop team members through targeted training and support.
- Leverage technical and legal skills that allow identification and proactive resolution of development challenges on any potential site where required across the team.
- Carry out appropriate due diligence with Land Team members to ensure the right deal structure is being presented to overcome afore mentioned challenges.
- Accountability to bring deals to agreed Heads of Terms, so that solicitors can be instructed cleanly, by understanding top contracts and other restrictions to ensure any land purchased can be funded, developed, and sold without delay or unknown costs.
- Liaise with agents / land promoters at the correct level to encourage strong market interest, ensuring your network is aware of LNTs buying power and keenness to acquire land across England.
- Contributing to the land pipeline and securing of sites through your own network and subsequent offer process.
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder may be asked to perform other duties assigned by the management from time to time.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of managing complex land purchases and unlocking legal, technical and commercial arrangements to facilitate re-development.
- Experience of delivering major developments and large-scale regeneration, in a public or private sector environment.
- High levels of commercial acumen and proven negotiation skills.
- Upwards of 6 years’ experience in a similar role/environment
- Full UK driving licence.
In return we offer a great place to work with great benefits including:
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme payable twice annually
- Pension contribution
- Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Free parking at head office
- 4-weekly pay (13 pay days per year)
- Free onsite gym