LNT is a proud Yorkshire based business in Garforth, Leeds owned by the serial entrepreneur, Lawrence Tomlinson. The group is undergoing a significant amount of change and growth.
The Finance Manager role will join our LNT Finance Academy, headed up by the Group FD in conjunction with the Group FC and Construction FD, this is a route into LNT for high achieving qualified or trainee accountants. There are 5 Pathways depending on the level you join LNT at. We want the brightest and best!
As part of our development programmes, in addition to the standard employment benefits of working at LNT, the LNT Finance Talent Academy offers:
– An accounting qualification (for trainees) – choose from either ACA, ACCA or CIMA. LNT is one of only a handful of companies outside of public practice firms, that are fully accredited as an ICAEW (ACA) authorised employer
– Rotational opportunities within and/or across finance in the wider LNT Group as well as potential moves into operational roles
– Promotion opportunities based on merit and business need
– Mentorship from experienced business leaders
– Guidance and coaching from Board Directors
– Further qualifications, study and learning opportunities based on merit and business case
This role is primarily focussed on the LNT Solutions business, a leading provider of de-icing products to the aviation and rail industries in the UK, Europe and North America.
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices.
- Prepare and post monthly accruals, prepayments and similar accounting entries which leads to preparing monthly management information which can then be reviewed by management.
- Complete month end process for multiple companies of varying sizes.
- Budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare weekly cashflow, actualising previous weeks and forecasting ahead. Consolidating the cashflows of all companies within the Group.
- Leading the analysis of monthly numbers and presenting findings to the board with a pack which you prepare.
- Managing an end-to-end audit process– while acting as the first point of contact for external auditors.
- Effectively manage stakeholder expectations throughout.
- Leading responsibilities for payment of payroll, VAT and HMRC processes.
- Management of multiple companies monthly and annual procedures.
- Management of multiple inboxes.
- Reviewing weekly payment runs and ensuring all creditors are paid within terms.
- Monitoring the debtors and ensuring all receipts are received within terms.
- Management of an Accounts Assistant.
- Ability to monitor stock levels of a manufacturing company and report at a month end on the current stock position.
- Preparation of annual Statutory accounts.
- Preparation of ad-hoc pieces of work which may be requested by management.
- Monitor and manage multiple bank accounts
- Strong technical accounting knowledge – this role would suit a first time mover at Senior/AM level from practice or recently qualified accountant in industry
- Excel and modelling
- Creating statutory accounts
- Ability to manage the workload of multiple companies
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA), or nearly qualified with experience in a similar role.
- Experience running the annual audit process
- Ability to work is a close-knit team and be part of a larger finance team
- Strong communication skills and confidence to speak to multiple stakeholders
- Sage 200 knowledge useful but not essential
In return we offer a great place to work with great benefits including:
- Company laptop and iPhone
- Annual pay review
- Company social events throughout the year
- Career progression opportunities