LNT Care Developments is the UK’s leading purpose build residential care home developer and constructor. Over 30 years of innovation, within our vertically integrated model, has allowed us to perfect the care home designs.
LNT Construction Limited, part of LNT Care Developments is recruiting for an Automotive Group Financial Controller to join the team.
About the role
The Automotive Group Financial Controller is a key member of the Finance Team, supporting the Group Board and line managing the Financial Controllers for each of the Automotive businesses.
A key part of the role is to ensure that within the automotive division accurate financial records are maintained, adequate controls are in place, financial transactions are promptly and accurately processed, high quality financial information is provided to the business and that assets are safeguarded.
As the Automotive Group Financial Controller, it will be your responsibility to:
- Be part of the divisional management team and line manager for the Finance Managers/Controllers for the Automotive entities
- Review accurate and complete management accounts including full balance sheet, cash flow statement and Inter-co balances reconciliation within 10 working days of each month end.
- Provide adequate and insightful analysis for review and approval by the Group Finance Director for the automotive companies
- Prepare & manage division’s rolling short term 13 week cash flow forecasts and longer term cashflow forecasts
- Implement, monitor and check system and process controls to ensure assets are safeguarded and results accurately reported
- Ensure monthly balance sheet & control account reconciliations are completed within 10 working days of the month end including accurate stock valuation
- Ensure all bank accounts are reconciled daily, completion of weekly & monthly balance summary
- Manage the aged debtor report and credit control, review overdue balances with Finance Assistant
- Manage the purchase ledger function ensuring accuracy and completeness, review and authorisation of supplier invoices, review of the aged creditor list and supplier BACS payment batches are processed each month
- Review and authorisation of the four-weekly payroll, ensuring that all related payments (PAYE/NI, pension contributions, attachment of earnings) are made by the relevant deadline
- Manage the VAT Return, EC Sales and Intrastat monthly submission
- Prepare the year-end audit file and tax pack in line with the timetable agreed with the Auditors, Tax Advisers and Group Finance Director. Ensure the audit and draft statutory financial statements and tax packs are completed in line with the agreed timetable.
- Ensure the team delivers the annual R&D tax claim workings in line with the agreed timetable.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with all finance orientated legal and fiscal obligations for all divisional companies
- Providing additional financial information to the business as needed and completing ad-hoc financial and business projects as agreed with the Group Finance Director
- Any other task, consistent with the position, as required by the Group Board or Divisional Management
- Support the Head of Operations with project work to assist in making Ginetta (and its sister companies) world leading car manufacturers
- Compilation of Board Packs when required
The successful candidate will :
- Be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Have experience of Sage 200 preferred
- Be advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experienced in working within a manufacturing business
- Have the ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels
- Be able to prioritise work based on deadlines and importance
- Have proven problem solver – proactive in identifying business/financial issues, recommending solutions and in implementing agreed recommendations
- Show attention to detail in all aspects of role – consistently produces work to the highest standard
We offer a great place to work with great benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Market leading discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free on-site gym
- On site café / bar
- Free parking
- Social events
- Company laptop and iPhone
- Career progression opportunities